- Establishment of procurement policies, organizational structure to ensure the procurement function provides effective service to all departments in the Hospital.
- Maintain interface with suppliers and their representatives to ensure that materials and services meet the established standards.
- Implementation of the established policies, practices and procedures for procurement
- Ensure that survey markets for the latest trends in prices, availability, delivery and quality are done.
- Rationalize on the existing supplier base, develop supplier appraisal criteria and build partnership with suppliers and contractors, both local and international and manage the process of clearing.
- Preparation of tender analysis and documents for presentation to the tender committee.
- Ensure that goods and services are sourced in accordance with the policies
- Liaise with the users to determine their requirements
- Establish Stock levels and re – order quantities
- Negotiate with suppliers for reasonable prices
- Preparation of stock management reports
- Preparation of budgets and periodical returns
- A Bachelors degree in any discipline
- Diploma in purchasing and supplies Management from a recognized institution
- An MBA would be an added advantage
- 5 years of progressive experience in commercial purchasing, inventory accounting, inventory storage systems, awareness of products, vendors/suppliers.
- Knowledge of general accounting skills.
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Excellent proficiency in use of Computer packages.
- Proficiency in reporting and record keeping.
All applicants who fulfill the above requirements should send a detailed CV, copies of certificates a daytime telephone contact to email@example.com by 28th February 2014.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.